Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Spice of Life


Breakfast started with a cup of yogurt and a tablespoon of peach butter stirred in. I also had a cup of lemon green tea.
Total: Cal 178 Fat 8.1 Carbs 18.8 Pro 8.6 Fibe 0.3


Lunch was much more substantial. I used the leftover rice & beans from yesterday to make us a whole pan of enchiladas (including the sauce!). I also had a nice green salad to go with it.
Total for Meal: Cal 542 Fat 23.9 Carbs 35 Pro 17.5 Fibe 4


My snack for the day was a cup of tea and a sliced apple with cinnamon sprinkled on it. I must admit that after I took this photo I added some sugar and milk to the tea, but this photo was much better than the others.
Total for snack: Cal 80 Fat 0.5 Carbs 27.6 Pro .8 Fibe 2.4


Dinner was a nice change of pace. The biscuits were inspired by Alton Brown's recipe and turned out quite well, even if they were a tad overcooked. The brussel sprouts were roasted with balsamic vinegar and the venison was roasted with olive oil, pepper, and salt.
Dinner Total: Cal 463.8 Fat 16.3 Carbs 34 Pro 43.1 Fibe 6.6

Before dinner was ready Curtis and I split a warm biscuit to try them out.
Split biscuit: Cal 71.5 Fat 4.1 Carbs 8.8 Pro 1.5 Fibe 0


Dessert consisted of an additional biscuit topped with a tablespoon of peach butter. Mmm.
Total per serving: Cal 182.8 Fat 8.2 Carbs 17.6 Pro 3 Fibe 0.8

Today was much better than yesterday in terms of variety. I've been spending time looking up my daily dietary needs, so we'll see if I can readily reach them
Total for the day: Cal 1518.1 Fat 60.4 Carbs 338.6 Pro 74.5 Fibe 14.1

No comments:

Post a Comment