Sunday, January 23, 2011

Calling All Carbs

Hooray for Saturday! After getting a great night's sleep we woke up and made coffee. I made myself a small mocha with 1/2 coffee, 1/2 2% milk, 2 tsp whipping cream (on sale for 50 cents! woo!), sugar and cocoa powder. It was quite tasty.
Total for Mocha: Cal 148 Fat 6.2 Carbs 11.5 Pro 5.3 Fibe 1.8



Since we had drinks for breakfast we decided a breakfast for lunch would be nice. We enjoyed some oatmeal with craisins, brown sugar, cinnamon, and bran flakes (to up the fiber). I was pretty pleased with the addition of the bran and will probably continue to add it when we eat oatmeal.
Total Oatmeal: Cal 288 Fat 5.8 Carbs 53.8 Pro 9.5 Fibe 6.7



Today's snack was another carb-loaded treat. I had the last biscuit with 2 tsp. of honey.
Total for Biscuit: Cal 195.8 Fat 8.2 Carbs 29 Pro 2.9 Fibe 0.5



We had guests for a late dinner which means I got to do some good cooking. For this meal I made a vegetable curry roughly based off of a recipe in Meena Pathak's Flavors of India that was meant for chicken. I ended up using Potatoes, Sweet Potatoes, Onions,Carrots, Peas, Green Beans, and TVP.
Total for Curry: Cal 353.4 Fat 14.9 Carbs 48.4 Pro 5.8 Fibe 2.5



During the day I baked some bread, and shortly before dinner we sampled a piece.
Total for Slice: Cal 162.6 Fat 4.6 Carbs 26.2 Pro 5.2 Fibe 2.8



Last for the evening I had a banana with the last bits of chocolate sauce (thinned out with some milk) and a cup of green tea with lemon.
Total Snack: Cal 170 Fat 1 Carbs 40.5 Pro 2.6 Fibe 3.6


Final count for the day wasn't so bad, all said and done. I really need to get my carbs down and my protein up, but I didn't do so bad considering what was eaten today. Unfortunately I forgot to take my vitamin today, so I will have to be sure and get it in tomorrow. I am thinking that it might be useful to get an app or something that will make checks for servings of fruits, veggies, water, protein, etc.... We'll see what I can find.
Daily Total: Cal 1317.8 Fat 40.7 Carbs 209.4 Pro 31.3 Fibe 21.5

No comments:

Post a Comment